Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Food Day


via
Butter Sriracha Shrimp


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 tablespoons Sriracha
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 pound head-on shrimp
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil

Preparation

  • Whip butter with Sriracha and melt in skillet.
  • Sauté minced garlic in it and toss in shrimp. Just before they're done, add lemon zest and mint and basil and let them wilt.


Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/06/sriracha-buttered-shrimp#ixzz21Z805JVM



Y'all know how much I love Sriracha and love to feel the burn!  I am so weird about spicy things and love to pile on the hot stuff until my eyes water and I can't feel my mouth!!!  Big R asked me if I was trying to sabotage him for something.  Had he done something wrong because this dish is so freaking spicy???!!!!!  Ha Ha!
 I would seriously consider cutting the Sriracha down to 3 tablespoons instead of 6 if you are worried about it being too hot.  Big R could barely eat it but I was loving every bite!!!!I found this recipe on none other than Pinterest.  It is a recipe from Bon Apetit and has 25 recipes using Sriracha.


This is during preparation


While cooking.  It just looks like it's hot as fire doesn't it?!


And of course I put everything on a salad!!!  I made some Quinoa and black beans to put with the shrimp and it was delicious!!!!  Definitely a thumbs up for this recipe ...that is if you can take the heat!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment