Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bookshelf + Wall Styling

I know I promised pictures of my gallery wall and bookshelves earlier this week.  Well, they aren't complete...STILL.  But I thought I would show you what I have so far.  I got a great idea from Young House Love on how to go about making a gallery wall.  

Lay out your pictures on the floor


I used computer paper because I couldn't find our newspaper to make templates of each piece of art


Taped the paper together to make the right size.


This is where I got impatient and hasty with my work.  I literally eyeballed the paintings that were laying on the floor and just taped the coordinating piece of paper to the wall wherever I thought it looked right.


Once again, eyeballed where I thought the nail should go and marked it with an "X."


The you just hammer a nail into each "X" and rip the paper away.  Then hang your art.  Really pretty easy but I could have been more diligent with my measuring.

This is how I first hung them...


This is how I changed it up slightly. I can't reach the top templates to put a nail in the wall so waiting on the hubs to help me.  I have a few more paintings to add...some below and some to the side so there will be another post with the finished wall to come!


On to the bookshelves.

These really turned out pretty grainy with the IPhone but you get the idea.  I am not loving these and will probably change them around again but for now.....



Still have artwork laying against the wall above the shelves and the bottom shelves need attention!




Not sure if I have shared this piece framed yet?  
It's for sale...any takers????
$100

(The one above on the right is $125)


And while we are on the subject of framed art...I hung a few pieces in Little R's room



His walls are not symmetrical on either side of the window, but I hung the art like they were.


Jut ordered new spreads for him and I'm going to pick up his campaign chest/side table so there will for sure be more updated pics of his room to come!

4 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Can't Wait to see his new bed spreads ! Love the bookshelf styling:)))

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Everything, so great. I've seen people show this way of putting together a gallery wall before. I'm still scared, ha!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

The gallery wall is looking awesome! I'm so impatient that's why I never tackle things like that! I always don't measure and then end up with a million nail holes in my wall which annoys my dad and hubs! Love the art in Little R's room, looks great! I love the idea of twin beds in a big boy but sterling is getting a queen bc that's what we already own!

dodeline said...

I get impatient hanging pictures too :-). I did a few over the weekend but nothing quite that complicated! Looks great!

Post a Comment