Friday, October 5, 2012

Keeping Up

I have been really bad about keeping up in general but mainly keeping up with documenting my work as I go.  I am such a immediate gratification type of girl, so once I finish something I package it, ship it  and take no pictures.  I'm trying to be better.  So I thought I would share with you a few things I have completed over the last two weeks. 

 Also, I feel the need to acknowledge that  my art may seem random since it ranges from children's pieces to more abstract work, but it's one of those things that has come full circle for me.  Abstract painting was my focus all along in college, but once I had Little R, I needed some paintings for his nursery so I started what is now Blue Chickadee.   I guess within the last year I got my hand back into abstract pieces and I'm SOOO  happy I did!!!  It is so much fun to feel so free!!  

I'll start with a few pieces I did for some nurseries...


14"X18"

9"x12"

Painting for children's rooms led to painting totes to use as diaper bags (then onto bubbles, bloomers and bibs).  These here are more for the momma but I also paint them for the kiddos with animal silhouettes like the paintings.



This is my favorite


and up close


And here are a few abstract pieces that have no been shipped-woohooo!!!!


 36"X36"

 
36"X36"

a few up close shots




Earlier this week my boys were dying to paint so we broke out the watercolors and went to town..
with no clothes on of course.


I peeked over Little R's shoulder and could not believe his piece!!!  Loving how free he was with his paint instead of trying to "make something" like he usually does.  This one is going to need a frame!


Both the boys work.  
I love that they like to paint as much as their momma!!!


BTW, Little R said this bottom piece is of the planets...I spy Saturn.

















3 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love all your art work you are so talented and so are your boys! They take after Momma. I can't tell you how many compliments I get on my silhouette of Sterling. I can't wait til my sister has her baby so I can surprise her with one! Have a great weekend!

Melissa W. said...

You actually inspired me today to pick up a large canvas at Hobby Lobby for the kids to paint "art" in my kitchen :-)

Scott anderson said...

hobby lobby only fond one down here in AZ there all over my home state Nebraska!

Post a Comment