Monday, March 5, 2012

Navy

This is what I'm talking about.  
Navy. 
 I am a HUGE fan and want to use it in our house..somewhere. 
 On the walls. 
 The thing is, I don't want it to be too dark and close in the room.  The goal of this reno is to open and lighten things up so I'm keeping things white for the most part.  Thinking our foyer ( I know I keep going back to this area-it's our intro into the house and we can really make a statement here....big decision!!!)  Or even our dining room????? 


This looks to me (above) like Farrow and Ball Hague Blue...Dying over this space!!  Tall ceilings is key to pulling off the dark hue in this space.


Hard to get a true read on this shade of blue.  This is a Rust Oleum spray in Night Tide-not too dark, not too light.


Swooning over the blue grasscloth...


The art pops against this blue wall


Again, Keeping things white in all areas except the walls really makes a statement.


Blue grasscloth in the bedroom...love!

So, tell me.  What are your favorite shades of blue?  I would love feedback!  



3 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love the blue grasscloth, pinned that idea for a possibility in Sterlings room. I also love the idea of a navy dining room. I think dining rooms can handle darker colors for ambiance!

Melissa W. said...

I am loving all of these pictures! You cannot go wrong with navy. It is classic, clean, and pairs well with lots of colors! Cannot wait to see your final choices **giddy**

tenth avenue south said...

I am dying over navy, too! I really want it in a dining room- but ours is connected to our pale gray living room. I think a powder room or entry way would be stunning!

Post a Comment