Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Food Day

No Tahini Hummus


I should have "styled" this a little better but considering the chaos going on around me, this was the best I could do.

1 can chick peas-reserve the liquid and add as needed to thin out the mixture( I use Progresso)
1/2 lemon 
Salt
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
dash (or a lot) of Ground Red Pepper (Cayenne)

This is such an easy recipe that I love having on hand but forget to make very often!  It is so perfect to have as an afternoon snack with celery and carrots or dipping pretzel thins into.  It all started when I didn't have Tahini on hand but wanted to make hummus.  So, I decided to give it a whirl without it!  And it was good!  

I don't have a food processor or any other fancy gadget to puree with so I stick all of my ingredients in the blender and it works just fine!  My boys, who won't eat anything these days, love it so I can't make it spicy at all.  You know that's hard for me since I love to feel the burn!!!  So I add Sriracha on top, in my separate container, and LOVE IT!!!!


1 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Never. Made it without tahini but glad to know it's good! Love your cute bowls!

Post a Comment