Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quiltish

So what are we thinking people?  Yay or nay?  
I ordered this like 2 months ago and it just came in, tried it on for the hubs and the reaction was, 
"Eh, looks kind of like a quilt. I'm just sayin'.  You asked!"  
Arrrgg!  
I think it's time I suit up.  There is a little extra skin lingering in the midsection and I think it's time to take cover.  I am anticipating a lot of unsavory positions on the beach and pool this summer with my boys.  Boogie boarding, slouchy sand castle building, pulling Mr. Big out of the deep end of the pool,  man handling tantrum throwing two year olds, the list goes on.  I need a one piece.  So tell me, where can I find a non matronly/flattering suit???

I like this one from Anthro too.  What do you think?

And since I missed my Tuesday Food Day yesterday, I will share my supper for one that I had last night.  Big R was at a... ehhhem "work event."
  It's called  "I'll use whats in the fridge so I don't have to go to the store.....again"  It was quite delicious really.  

Get Yo Greens Salad

handful arugula
handful heart of romaine
blanched green peas
butterbeans (cooked in chicken stock)
sliced heart of palm
sliced avocado
chopped cucumbers
*I did add S+P roasted tomatoes as well as S+P roasted mushrooms after I snapped this photo

Dressing
1/2 lemon squeezed
big dash of salt
3 grinds of peppercorns
1 crushed garlic clove
dash of olive oil



I'm thinking I'll need to eat a lot more of these if I ever want to get into this, this summer

String top 

Please tell me where to find a cute one piece!!!!



5 comments:

e-revelry said...

WW! I love the first suit and the second! The second one is the one I was talking about yesterday! But, I LOVE the first! You could totally rock that! (not quiltish at all!)xoxo

Unknown said...

check out kushcush.com they have really cute one piece suits! Just my two cents...I think your husband is right about the first suit, a bit quiltish. sorry! And the TRacy Anderson Method got my tummy back quickly after baby...she is a miracle worker!

Melissa W. said...

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Swimwear.html

you might like the Boden swimwear. Also, JCrew and Everything But Water (in Charleston Place).

Anonymous said...

I always have good luck with J. Crew suits. They are made well & don't stretch or fade!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I actually like the first suit but I could hear my husband say something like that too. I am with you my tummy is still not tight and I never feel quite comfortable in a two piece so I rock alot of one pieces. Only thing is they are a pain to use the bathroom in! I have actually found some great solid colored strapless ones at the TJMaxx in Mt Pleasant. I always love all of JCrew's one pieces as well.

Post a Comment