Monday, September 12, 2011

Smart vs Dumb

Do any of you have husbands who make impulsive decisions?  Without consulting you first.  I do.  It's happened more than once and usually revolves around football.  

I'll take you back a week and a half ago.  Big R tells me he has a surprise for us (the boys too) when we get home.  My excitement level is through the roof.  Can't you tell?  I'm no dummy, I know football season is approaching.  We walk in and he shows me the massive (exact same TV that we already have, eh hum) in a box.  Smart TV.  Any of you familiar?  I'm not and had no idea what a Smart TV is, still don't.  All I know is it's the exact same TV-size and brand that we already have???  FYI, he went to Best Buy to buy cable wires and came home with this.  So, if any of you can help me out with positives for the Dumb  Smart TV, bring it on.

Just so you know where I am coming from on impulsive football related decisions, here is another prime example.  A 12' X9' inflatable screen with HD projector for every single Clemson Football Game.  What?  I was not consulted and as you can tell, not as big a fan as Big R.  
(This is my father in law below playing the roll of Fireman Roo, spraying all the kiddos out of the backyard.)


He's a riot, I tell you!


Ok, moving on to more exciting projects around my house.  I have decided to spruce up my front entry with a pop of blue.  I want to paint this chair.


I went to Lowes this morning, taking the advice of Jenny, to buy some Rust Oleum Protective Enamel oil based paint.  Mr. Big and I made the trek unsuccessfully though, because as she mentioned in her post, Rust Oleum only comes in a handful of colors.  Not the color blue I wanted.  So, off to Sherwin Williams we go.  As I am standing in line, I notice Mr. Big needs to start brushing his teeth.  No more baby breath coming from this guy!  I go to switch hips to pay for my paint, and his diaper has leaked (in the most horrible way imaginable, I will spare you the details) all over my white shirt.  Lovely.   I scribble my name and race home only to realize after painting one coat that I got the wrong shade!!!!!!!  Seriously.  Is it Monday?  This is what I got. 
 Pulsating Blue-intense name, right?


It's not bad, but this is what I meant to get-Hyper Blue-more my style.  I hope to have an "AFTER" for you on Wednesday.  Happy Monday to those of you still reading!

SW6965 Hyper Blue





1 comments:

Jane Pope Jewelry said...

aaaahhhh Robertson cracks me up! i know it's not as cute when it's your own hubby, but the fact that he would present the new tv as a gift for you is hysterical. if he had any sense, he would have presented you with a piece of jane pope jewelry as a distraction :). i will have a chat with him. love you guys. xo jpc

Post a Comment