Thursday, March 14, 2013

Deets on the last few weeks

Did I mention we went to Vermont a few weeks back?  
Gorgeous but Brrrrrrr.....  

Little R has been begging for bunk beds basically his whole life so HAPPY 6th Birthday to him!!!  Happiest boys on the block!!!!


**Got to be honest, we have a little bribery situation going on at the moment.  You see, little bruder wants so desperately to sleep with big bruder in his new bunk bed.  Deal is, he can when he gets potty trained.  It's been a disaster.  I've waited too long and now I'm going to have to wait even longer.  Just this week, while on the phone with my mom (for 4 minutes), I kid you not, the child tee teed in the dog's water bowl-in the house, went back to bunk bed bruder's room and pooped on the rug, tee teed again on the rug and colored crayons ALL over this ladder he is climbing below.  In 4 minutes. AAAARRRRRRRRRRR CHILD!!!!!  He's back in diapers.  I can't deal.


Now that I've unloaded about my baby, I'll tell you what my first baby has been up too.  We have been working hard trying to find fun new ways to learn the "same old boring stuff."  Thank goodness Pinterest is in my life for this reason!!!  Little R has been counting and sorting cars, trucks, emergency vehicles and then writing down the number he comes up with.  His attention span is not long but I find doing a little everyday has helped so much whether it's 5 minutes here and there or 30 minutes at one time.  Making it fun is key!  Tell me if you have any tricks up your sleeve for your kindergartner?!!!  Writing in shaving cream on the kitchen counter is another fun activity.


Hosted a Rikshaw trunk show at my house with my bud Brook.  Had the most amazing turnout-thanks to all you gals who stopped by!!!  Such fun catching up!!  If you haven't stopped by their website, check it out for all your Spring/Summer essentials!!!  Blue waves camp shirt is on it's way to my house...


Working on a painting for Sidney's new shop, Eclectic.  If you are living anywhere near Charleston you must stop in this shop on your way out to the beach!  She has the best finds for your house in there!!!


I just love this composition for a game room.  Wood plamked ceiling, lights, paint colors.
  Good times had by all later that evening....


On the hunt...
for a new sofa


and possibly new bedside tables...


Keep in mind all the unbeatable sales going on locally here in Charleston!!!!  
GDC 20% off upholstery
Celadon 20% off upholstery
SOM 25% off upholstery
(South of Market)

Working on a little DIY for our shop Novel.  Big show coming up at Novel. next Thursday, March 21 with our girls from Pout in Columbia.  Hope you will stop by to see us!!
  Open 11-8pm that day


Hope to be checking in more regularly...where does the time go.....


2 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am dying laughing about Gibbs- that sneaky little boy. Sometimes boys can be so exhausting. When we potty trained Sterling he was so good til he peed on the couch. The worst spot if you ask me,It seeped thru the cushions and smelled horrible. It took alot or work to get that smell out! I hope to stop by Thursday and love the bunk beds!

Unknown said...

Hilarious....loved the beds..:)
Android Developer

Post a Comment