Thursday, January 10, 2013

Food Day

I know it's been a while since I blogged about food, but it's also been a while since I made anything worth talking about.  I guess most of you know I categorize myself as a "Pescetarian," one who eats only fruits, veggies, grains and well, fish.  Except I really don't eat fish.  I know I should, especially salmon, but that one is the worst for me!!  Any who, I eat shellfish mostly, that counts.  I rarely prepare any creatures from the sea at home.  That's an order-out-at-a-restaurant type deal for me.  When at home, I prepare vegetarian meals and my guy has to deal with that or grill a side order of meat for himself (and the boys).  Earlier this week I started with this... 

"Everything I Love Veggie Surprise"

roasted zucchini 
roasted butternut squash 
roasted tomatoes
(all of the above seasoned with S+P+EVOO)
kalamata olives
bulgarian sheep feta
fresh basil
israeli couscous
lemon vinagarette
frsh lemon juice
EVOO
S+P
crushed garlic
  
Then last night I recreated the meal from the night before and made a few tweaks...


I added:
butter lettuce (as the base)
omitted olives (bc I forgot)
added green peas

  It was divine-for a vegetarian that is!!!  I think you could incorporate shrimp on top and make it more of a hearty salad.  

1 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Yay! Been wondering what was in your instagram picture sounds amazing! I eat mostly vegetarian too although I do still eat some meat.

Post a Comment