Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where have you been?

You might ask??  I decided to take a little break from blogging (and painting) and catch up on some good ole QT with the fam.  After our last Novel. show, our little family moved out to Sullivan's Island for the week to enjoy a little fun in the sun with my in laws!
It all started very innocently...


But as the week went on...



Well, you get the idea.  Not a whole lot of work was taking place during this peaceful and relaxing week:)

Next up was a little to trip to visit my parents with the boys.  We hit the road yesterday midday intending to stay until Wednesday.  INTENDING is the key word here-we didn't make it to noon Tuesday before I had the car packed up and headed south.  The boys were scaling the walls-lets just say in the time we were there, Mr. Big fell in the pool (no worries, I fished him out), I broke my toe (twice), R needs his ears cleaned because he was having a hard time hearing me;), annnd Mr. Big woke up at 5 am.  It's always fun going home and visiting with my parents and friends (sorry SP-I'll have to catch you next time!!!)  We had a fun but short trip....until next time...

I only managed to take a few pics while I was there 

I couldn't resist this picture...love how lush and green everything is this time of year!!!


I am obsessed with this fabric.  My mom says it's been on the chair 40 years-can you believe how well it's held up!!  Especially in a neutral tone.  I so wish I knew where I could find this fabric or something like it.  Funny how cyclical trends are isn't it?  

I started searching when I got home and ran across a great fabric site on Jenny's blog that I always forget about.  Have you checked out Spoonflower?  You can design your own fabric-how cool!!!!  I bet I could design something similar??  And the prices range from $18-$32 a yard.  I'll share a few of my favorites..





Mexico Springtime: White on Cobalt (Large Scale)

Navy Chevron

This leads me to tell you about a new project  I'm helping a friend with...custom painted hand towels.


Until next time

0 comments:

Post a Comment