Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trashcan Update


So my friend, Sidney over at Eclectic Interior Design Group, contacted me about giving an old Marshall's find an updated look for her new office.  The above picture is what she started with.  


She then gave it a solid green paint job and brought it to me with the idea of doing some sort of design on the front like a greek key. 

And voila.....

(to be used as a trash can)
I can't wait to see it in her new office!

On a side note,  last week I was scrolling through my favorite blogs and came across Sissy's post at Blue Hydrangea with  a link to a similar project.    
Take a look...

This is a DIY from Everything LEB.  She is crazy talented.  She also has a DIY for trays that I want to give a whirl.



Can you believe she painted these two above designs on these old TJ clearance trays!!!!  She just had glass cut to fit to protect the paint!!!  I think she's on to something!  

5 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Way Way, that looks amazing! I love the greek Key Design. Love those trays too, if you decide to tackle the project please share your "how to"!

bluehydrangea said...

Hey! Thanks for the mention! I've been reading through your blog and love it! the trash can looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it in Sidney's office.

Erin said...

What a great idea! Love the way it turned out! I have a big brown tray screaming to be revamped!

Robin Baron @ Simplifying Fabulous! said...

wonderful redo! I love making old things fabulous again! Its fun and eco-friendly!

LindsB said...

I just saw the trash can you did over on Sidney's blog and clicked on over here to see what else you have painted- I was so surprised to see such sweet words about my projects- thank you!!

But, I have to say that your trash can is my favorite- I've got to start working on making one of those for my office now :)

LOVE IT!

Post a Comment