Thursday, May 3, 2012

Take A Load Off

So, it was brought to my attention that I need to "start" thinking about furniture placement when we move back into our house.  Hmmm, really should have been thinking this over all along, huh? 
 Playroom, we're set. 
 Bedrooms, pretty set. 
 Dining room we're fine. 
 Kitchen 1/2 check.  
Living Room-rut row:( 
 All we have to put in there is a sofa.  A completely destroyed off white slipcovered sofa.  Why oh why did I not listen to Big R when he said, "Why are you getting a white sofa?  We have two boys.  That's dumb is all I'm saying." and I said "  No it's not.  It's going to be totally fine.  I'm right.  I'm always right."

  At that point Mr. Big was still in my tummy and Little R just hadn't fine tuned his devilish ways yet...  So, here we are 2 years later and it's ruined. 
Found an "R" written ever so neatly in ball point pen on the arm this morning as well as a side order of doggy poop smeared on E.V.E.R.Y. cushion bc it was on the bottom of Mr Big's shoe.  Yep shoes on the sofa, I've thrown my hands up...  Enough on that, maybe one day soon I can get another slipcover, preferably in navy:)  

Back to the issue at large, we need to start thinking about seating other than the sofa.  Such an odd layout we are dealing with but we need two thin chairs to go on either side of the fireplace.  I've been searching and of course end up coming right back to IKEA, well, because their the cheapest and cheap is good! 

This is NOT IKEA.  I wish!
Would love these...too bad way out of my price range


I like and for only $69!  Wonder if they are comfortable???  


Like these too-kind of fun!  
Only $119! 
I could throw a pillow on the seat and they would be perfecto!


This is categorized as an outdoor chair but I kind of like it indoor.  You could totally spray paint this bad boy any color you like and slip a cushion in the seat.

And while I was "surfing"  I came across some lusts on Serena and Lily.  How about this coffee table?!!!!  LOVE!!!


Obsessing over these rugs!!  You know I love blue annnd white annnd stripes and lookahere...




  Kinda want to step out of the box of a traditional slipcovered chair but not sure...  We have a bit of a contemporary look going in there so I'm thinking I could get away with something fun.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Send any good chair finds my way- preferably on the cheapie side..

0 comments:

Post a Comment