Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Food Day-Boiled Peanuts

mini_601.jpg



This is an all time favorite for me.  Who doesn't love a boiled peanut with salty juices running down your mouth and hands?  I know there are some of you out there who are completely grossed out, but your not southern..it's ok.  

I can eat them piping hot or cold as ice.  Either way I like a cold beer or a diet coke with mine...something about the salty sweet taste.  


Boiled Peanuts Recipe



Boiled Peanuts

pack as many green peanuts as you can in a pot of boiling water
go ahead and add 1/3 cup of salt to a packed pot
boil 2 1/2-3 hours and taste as you go...sometimes you need more salt
eat hot or cold
refrigerate after cooking
(Pawleys Island is the best place to be for consuming these if possible:))


I have to confess, I may have been a little over zealous heading into the Piggly Wiggly this afternoon buying 11 pounds of green peanuts and two Iodized salts.   Memorial Day weekend is encroaching and I HAVE to be prepared.  

What about you?  You dig em'?  Make your own or buy them already boiled?  
Canned anyone-never tried them, just curious???

0 comments:

Post a Comment