Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chevron and Etsy Find!



So, I meant to post this a while ago and since I didn't, the chevron pattern is probably on the "out " list already!!  But, anywho, this painted wall pattern was something I did while "nesting" this past spring and I thought I would share it with you.  I had hoped for broader stripes, but after I was finished measuring and taping one wall, I decided to stick with what I had done-skinny stripe or not!!!  I can say without hesitation that I will never attempt this myself again!!! Thank goodness I was happy with the outcome because it took MANY hours to create!!!  A template would have been nice had I searched the web before beginning!!!! 

Foyer


I know it looks like my lines don't meet up very well (which is true) but there are some weird jut outs with the walls in the foyer-the space is only about a 4'X4' space so things were tight to say the least. 


So, below is my awesome find on Etsy, thanks to my friend Sidney Wagner over at www.eclecticinteriordesigngroup.blogspot.com.  A few days back she had a post about growth charts and one of the ones listed was a seller on Etsy at WowWall.  They are decal stickers so ou can move around from wall to wall if you so choose.  And the best part was it was only @ $35!  I don't know if you can tell, but the one I got is orange.  They do carry several different colors fyi!

Little R's Room

I am aware of how bad my photography is, but once again, the space when you enter Little R's room is very small.  The door to his room can barely open without touching the wall.  So, here are some attempts to get a few shots of the growth chart.  Next up, measuring the boys!
Align Center
Two more terrible angles but you get the idea!

1 comments:

Design Blooms said...

That is SO adorable!! Love animal silhouettes!

Post a Comment