Monday, May 6, 2013

Before & After: Boy's Chest

Hello!  I'm back!  It has now been over a year since I posted about a little DIY project for little R's room but I eventually made time for it!  Do you recall this chest???  With all of the missing knobs... 



Well it has remained in this condition with missing knobs until a few weeks ago!
 I did a little digging on my blog and realized the original post to attack this DIY was from September 2011!!!  What??  Ok, so call me lazy or busy but I got it done!!  I ended up ordering these pulls from Lee Valley (ones on the left)  

Plain Ring Pulls - Hardware

And I painted the chest with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color Napoleanic Blue.  It really was quite easy because you do not have to prep your surface at all!  No sanding or priming, just slap the chalk paint right on.  It took me about 2 coats to thoroughly coat the whole chest.  It is quick drying so I was able to reapply the paint fairly quickly!  After it dries you rub a soft wax, also made by Annie Sloan, onto the surface of the piece you are painting.  That was an easy step as well.  
And voila!


I wanted it to match the small campaign chest across from it.  I found this little number at Charleston Revisions here in Mount Pleasant, SC and it was already painted!  Here you can also find Annie Sloan chalk paint for purchase!  



Have you ever used this brand of chalk paint?  I am thinking of painting a wall in our play room with chalk paint and wanted to get some feedback from you if you have had good/bad luck with any particular brands.  









3 comments:

Reunion Committee said...

love the color! Looks so classy.
Never used Chalk paint, but I do love Milk paint
Great job.
~Tana

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

What a transformation! It looks amazing. Might have to copy you and order those knobs for the dresser in our guest room. Perfect shade of blue too!

katie stevenson said...

Ob-SESSED with this DIY, Way Way!!! It looks fabulous, as does everything in the room! Brava!

Post a Comment