This is a must try!!!!
Leafy Greens and White Beans over Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa (cook in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups leafy greens [kale, collard greens, mustard greens, etc.](kale-cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans [white beans], drained, rinsed
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced (I roasted my tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled [leave off if making this vegan] (Bulgarian Sheep's milk Feta)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, optional (did not use)
- salt + pepper, to taste
- added grilled salmon
In a small saucepan, add quinoa, 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 16-18 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork; set aside.
In a medium/large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add leafy greens, by the handful and toss until they begin to wilt, then add remaining greens. Toss with tongs until wilted. Add beans and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
When you’re ready to serve, place about 1/2 cup quinoa on your plate, season with salt and pepper. Add 3-4 tomato slices, top with sauteed greens and beans, then sprinkle fresh thyme. Optional, add 1-2 tablespoons of goat cheese.
So here is how mine turned out.
This was so doggone good y'all!!!! Big R said literally it was his favorite meal-not kidding!!!! It is so healthy for you and had amazing flavor!! I have to say we are slightly addicted to salt in this family so cooking the quinoa and kale in salty chicken broth may not be necessary for most but it sure does add flavor. And the roasted tomatoes were a good call-always a good call in any recipe I think! Ok, so you gotta try it and let me know your thoughts!!!!